Southwest's Spotlight Ministries: Neosho UMC's Blessing Box
posted on August 20
In our second series of our Spotlight Ministries, we are featuring Neosho United Methodist Church and the Blessing Box they provide, plus the support of the local Help Center and serving at Hope Kitchen. These questions are answered by Rev. Mitch Jarvis who is Neosho UMC's Senior Pastor.
- How would you describe this ministry in three words?
- Can you tell us about a volunteer moment that spoke to you?
- What prompted you to volunteer/partner with this ministry?
The Blessing Box was installed as a Boy Scout Eagle project.
- What are the challenges that you face with this ministry?
Consistency in our serving/offering...tends to be "feast or famine," no pun intended. Building ongoing relationships with clients.
- How do you feel this ministry is shaping the community?
People in need know they have access to basic needs...one less thing to worry about.
- What is the goal for this ministry?
To help church members reflect on their blessings, to provide for neighbors while protecting their dignity.
Thank you Neosho UMC for the continuous work you do in your community. We truly thank you for being the church!