RE: Flourishing in Ministry 2021-2022 Cohort Now Open
posted on July 07
Ministry is constantly challenging and changing.
Re offers space to reflect on the presence of God in our lives and ministry.
Re allows reflection on our gifts, strengths and challenges in ministry.
Believing that our wellbeing and our ability to be effective in ministry for Christ are deeply connected, Re gives space to respond to the question, “What is next with God?”
Active full-time clergy who have been serving five years or longer are invited to participate in a nine-month flourishing in ministry process to Reflect·Recenter·Reclaim their passion in ministry.
All full-time clergy who have served five years or longer are required, according to paragraph 349.3 of the Book of Discipline, to engage in an “eight year assessment.” In the Missouri Conference, Re is the process for completing this BOD requirement. Re began in 2018, so by 2026, all full-time clergy beyond four years of service should have completed Re.
The registration deadline for 2021-22 cohort is August 10, 2021. Cost for the complete program is $650, including four retreats, lodging, materials and meals.
- September 13-15: Reflect (Unity Village, Kansas City)
- November 2-4: Recenter (Third Degree Glass Factory, St. Louis)
- February 21-23: Preaching Academy (Columbia)
- April 26: RE:Flourishing in Ministry Retreat celebration via Zoom
- Matt Bloom PhD, professor at Notre Dame (workwellresearch.org)
- Rev. Mark Struckhoff, C2FM Director with the Missouri Methodist Foundation
- Reshaunda Thornton, Wellness Public Speaker, Dietitian and Nutrition Expert (reshaundathornton.com)
- Amy Thompson LCSW, LSCSW
- Christina McLewin, Emotional Wellness
- Rev. Jim Simpson, Spiritual Director